Kanban is a set of values, practices and principles that bring the benefits of Lean theory to organisations. Benefits include :
● increasing the flow of value
● visualising and establishing an optimum workload for the team’s capacity
● reducing waste
● creating better organisational alignment
● building a culture of engaged workers
The Kanban method focuses on making incremental, iterative changes that evolve business processes into more efficient and manageable work streams while avoiding the risks associated with complex change programmes.The Kanban Management Professional (KMP 2) program offers an in-depth and insightful peek into the world of Kanban. Building information flow, understanding and managing resistance to change, improving service delivery are some key aspects that would be covered in this program. This program sets you up for success and lays out the path for a successful Kanban Transformation in the enterprise.
Syllabus and Agenda
The course follows the official KU Certified Kanban syllabus. During the two days you will have ample opportunities to discuss and experience the following
● Motivation for the Kanban method
● Proto Kanban
● Enterprise-level Kanban case study
● Understanding the Kanban system
● Definition of the Kanban Method
● Kanban litmus test
● Service Delivery Kanban
● Scaling Kanban out across an organisation
● Kanban Roles
● Feedback loops to improve service delivery
● Commitment and replenishment
● Conducting Kanban Meetings
● Delivery Planning
● Conducting a service delivery review
● Conducting an operations review
● Improvement Opportunities
● Fitness for purpose
● Understanding Lead time
● Removing Delays
● Understanding Variability
● The risk review
● Managing bottlenecks
● Economic Costs
● Evolutionary approach to change management.
● It is recommended to have either completed KMP 1 (Kanban System Design) before attending this program as it lays the necessary foundations
● Have read the ‘Kanban’ book by David J Anderson or ‘Kanban from the Inside’ by Mike Burrows.
Due to COVID-19, KMP2 is offered virtually. It offers the same collaborative experience as the classroom program ! The two day program will be split across 5 days with 3.5 hours per day. The program is fully hands-on with plenty of exercises and insights.
Kanban is for everyone ! Kanban works across the organisation, from executives to members of delivery teams willing to improve their working practices. KMP1 is not mandatory for attending KMP2, however the KMP badge can be obtained only after attending KMP1. KMP2’s benefits can be maximised by folks who have
Already mastered the Kanban basics by applying Kanban in their organisation, and want to take their implementations to the next level.The desire to keep momentum going beyond the initial improvements realised from the Kanban system introduction
Participants will receive a certificate of completion for KMP2 program from Kanban University (KU) as well as lifetime membership of Kanban University that allows you to get listed in the Kanban University Alumni directory. Attendees who complete both KMP1 & KMP2 classes are eligible for the Kanban Management Professional credential. This is bestowed automatically by Kanban University if the trainings were officially listed on the KU training programs website. The program also allows you to claim upto 16 SEU’s from Scrum Alliance and 16 PDUs from PMI.